Another Loss on The Red Sole for Louboutin | SHOE NEWS

By  |  9 Comments

Who would have thought a vision from red nail polish would turn into several lawsuits? I can tell you one person that probably didn’t consider this was Christian Louboutin. His ingenuous red sole idea is costing his company time and money in court trying to keep others from utilizing his idea.  A few months ago Christian Louboutin lost his lawsuit against the high-end retailer Yves Saint Laurent for using red on their soles. Recently, Christian Louboutin lost another lawsuit to Zara for the same reason.

There are several reasons why I think Christian Louboutin should throw his hands in the air with these lawsuits and more specifically with Zara!

1.) QUALITY - Although some complain about discomfort, most speak very highly of the quality of Christian Louboutin shoes

2.) PRICE - Most can afford Zara, which raises the exclusivity on Christian Louboutin’s shoes

3.) LOYALTY - Based on the status associated with the shoe most Christian Louboutin customers will probably purchase again

4.) CUSTOMER BASE - The targeted markets are different. Christian Louboutin’s primary customers are celebrities and socialites

I understand Christian Louboutin’s principle of branding and his attachment to his red soles since he ingeniously pegged the idea. Regardless, I say if you can’t beat them, then join them.  Imagine how crazy the world would be if Christian Louboutin decided to offer a lower more affordable shoe line or if he decided to do a collaboration with a store like H & M.  Missoni sold out like hot cakes at Target and customers lined up hours in advance outside H & M for Versace’s lower line. Christian Louboutin would cause total pandemonium to the umpth degree and a market monopoly.

Great idea right?

Read the full story on Philly.com

9 Comments

1. travelladywithbaby

June 13, 2012 at 11:10 am

He already has brand recognition, not sure what it will prove if he keeps fighting. It is a colour,not a design, plus, he will go down in history with his idea, it isn’t like that can be erased. I doubt he will ever partner up with a lower brand, his shoes are hand made, not manufactured. Most Zara, H&M shoes are made in 10 minutes or less.

• Shoe Closzet

June 13, 2012 at 11:53 am

I totally agree with everything you said! I know the quality would be lower but the idea of an affordable Louboutin is pretty good, I think. Or maybe it’s wishful thinking…lol Thanks for your comment.

• travelladywithbaby

June 14, 2012 at 5:18 pm

If Louboutin ever came out with an affordable line, I would be a crazed fan sleeping outside of the store, waiting to be the first to purchase a pair, or five,,lol!

• Shoe Closzet

June 14, 2012 at 11:12 pm

You and me both!! And probably 1/2 the world..lol

2. Tikisha

June 13, 2012 at 11:51 am

It’s unfortunate that he has to go through so much trouble, but your right, hook up with Target AND or H&M and his brand would go bananas for us regular girls who would love to add an authentic CL red bottom to our closet! I know for sure that I won’t shell out $500+ for a pair of shoes, but I sure would pay $100-$199! There is a huge market for a high end affordable line and if CL does it, he will truly go down in the shoe hall of fame for sure!!!

• Shoe Closzet

June 13, 2012 at 11:57 am

I think so. He probably wouldn’t lower his quality to be able to produce a lower line but I can really picture the buzz! However, I plan on ownning a pair one day. I think he’s a genuis!

3. jillbware

June 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Ditto on all of the above:) I too dream of clicking through the streets with my feet kicking up fabulous flashes of red behind me….if only…le sigh.

• Shoe Closzet

June 13, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Don’t we all!! :) Thanks for stopping by.

4. Cheap Christian Louboutin

March 21, 2013 at 5:41 am

Greetings! Very useful advice within this article!
    It’s the little changes which will make the most significant changes. Thanks for sharing!